Student Mental Health and Wellbeing

University of Michigan is committed to advancing the mental health and wellbeing of its students. If you or someone you know is feeling overwhelmed, depressed, and/or in need of support, services are available. For help, contact Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at (734) 764-8312 and during and after hours, on weekends and holidays, or through its counselors physically located in schools on both North and Central Campus. You may also consult University Health Service (UHS) at (734) 764-8320 and, or for alcohol or drug concerns, see

For a listing of other mental health resources available on and off campus, visit:

Student Sexual Misconduct Policy/Understanding Sexual Misconduct

The University’s Student Sexual Misconduct Policy, in accordance with federal law (Title IX), makes it clear that sexual misconduct, violence and harassment are civil rights offenses (see:

If you or someone you know has been harassed or assaulted, confidential support and guidance can be found with the University’s Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) and at the Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center (SAPAC). SAPAC can be contacted on their 24-hour crisis line, 734-936-3333. More information is available at and

Alleged violations can be reported non-confidentially to the Office for Institutional Equity (OIE) While CAPS and SAPAC are confidential spaces, other university-affiliated individuals may have responsibilities to share that information with the university. If you have any questions about who is mandated to report, contact the OIE or SAPAC. In case of an emergency, call 911.